Wednesday, March 5, 2008

7 Days for Spring Fitness Challenge

They say the month of March comes "in like a lion, out like a lamb". It is a great analogy for the changing weather patterns that accompany the dawning of spring.

But with winter's hearty meals, holiday desserts, and lazing by the fire, many people gather an extra layer of, shall we say, (lion's) fur? Well, now that spring is fastly approaching, it is time to shed that winter coat.

Anybody else need some inspiration?? I know I do!!

To jumpstart spring, next week my college girlfriends and I are going to embark on a 7-day fitness challenge. I believe that if we focus on exercising and eating wisely for just one week, we will see noticeable improvement in our bodies, and this will be inspiration for the weeks that follow.

THE SIMPLE PLAN:
1 -
Exercise for 30 minutes for 5 days. Walk, jog, bicycle, do Pilates, take a class at the gym. Find something that fits into your lifestyle. Whatever you do, shake off the winter blahs and MOVE.

2 - Eat"purely". This means no processed food and no refined flour or sugar. As a general guideline, if God created it, eat lots of it. If man concocted it in a factory, steer clear.

Caveat: We'll get 2 "cheats" for the week. This means if you go to a Mexican restaurant, you will have a hard time sticking to the plan. Or if it is your best friend's birthday, enjoy the cake. You get two "passes" for the week.

More details will follow in the next few days, but for now, any takers?

3 comments:

Jamie A. said...

Hey da'ling!
I'm really enjoying reading your fun blog spots...you and Dean are as happy as two larks(um...Michael is in a bird watching class, and I think it may be rubbing off)!
Michael and I are attempting to change our lifestyle...we're going organic! I'm in it for the weight loss, he's in it for the nutrition...either way we're getting healthy!
I would love the challenge...it's right up my alley!
ps. really glad you to read about the thank yous...I'm going on my third month, and I don't have as good of any good excuse, because I was jobless for the first few weeks after we got married!

Beloved said...

Thanks! Organic is great but can be expensive. We try to buy organic meat, b/c this is one of the worst-regulated food industries. Otherwise, if it grew in the Garden of Eden, we try to eat it.
I can't wait to see you and your new Husband. This blog will be the newlywed chronicles...stay tuned and see if you can identify!

Anonymous said...

Star Sisters!

Here's to another new Spring :)
Looking forward to getting fit with you all.

Love,
Jules

New to this blog?

Welcome to Beloved and So Are You ~ I am glad you are here! You are invited to join this blog community - just click on Followers on the right. Come along and enjoy!